Nov 9, 2014

Thankful For Family Table Cover

Each year my parents host a Christmas Eve dinner where all of our families gather for a moment of food, fun, and fellowship.  My mother loves pictures, and often our Christmas Eve dinner turns into impromptu photoshoots.  But it's the only time all of our family and friends, and I mean ALL, are gathered together under one roof at the same time so I don't blame her for taking advantage of the photo opportunities.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my family; and as we are all gearing up for the holiday - planning menus, invite lists, and tablescapes, I decided to do a little Crafty Kreations table runner for my mother using all of the photos that she takes during our annual Christmas Eve dinner.

This project is really simple.  You can sew your own fabric cover using any material that you want.  I cheated and purchased one from Hobby Lobby.  Next, all you have to do is gather pictures.  Pretty easy right!  You can print the pictures on store brought heat transfer paper and iron them directly onto your table cover.  Since Kharismatic Kreations is a professional, high-quality, custom printing company, I used a commercial heat press and transfer material.  You can add as many or as few pictures as you like.  You can also add in quotes and sayings or other design elements.   For this particular project, I'm doing a collage of family photos, and leaving a little room for our growing family and the new additions soon to come.  See how the table runner is coming together in the pictures below.


Are you planning a tablescape or fancy table settings for your Thanksgiving dinner?  Share your pics with us!









No comments:

Post a Comment