May 19, 2015

Bring on Summer! Creative DIY Fun in the Sun

Memorial Day weekend is just a couple of days away!  Can you say long weekend!!!  Gloray!!!!   Here are some Crafty Kreations DIY Creative Fun in the Sun Projects to get you ready to kick off summer!

DIY WRAP SANDALS

I grabbed some flip flops and 2 scarves from Dollar Store to make some easy wrap sandals in less than 5 minutes.  The great thing about this craft is you can interchange the scarves for a variety of looks, wear the scarves and flip flops separately; and even better, it will only cost you $3 tops for a comfortable and fashionable pair of sandals.  I decided to be festive and use red, white and blue to celebrate Memorial Day. 
2 Scarves and Flip Flops from the Dollar Store
Wrap the scarf around the top of the flip flop.  

Twist the scarf around both sides the flip flop by just wrapping it around.

Twist tight enough for your toes to be able to comfortably slip through.  

 Voila!  Put your flip flops - turned strappy sandals on and wrap the scarf around your ankles and tie.  


CRAFTY CANVAS SHOES

Carrying on with our theme of steppin in style this summer, I DIY'd some canvas shoes, taking them from boring and bleak, to sparkly and chic.  

 Purchased some basic canvas shoes from Dollar General for $6 and fabric markers from the Dollar Store for $1.
Using the pink fabric marker, I simply colored over the original stitching on the shoes.  

I have a mild obsession with gold glitter, so I painted the tip of the shoe with mod podge and covered it with gold glitter.  
 
I followed the same steps for the back of the shoes as well.  As the glitter was drying, I used the black fabric marker and stripped the shoelaces for an additional pop of creativity.  Another idea is to color the entire shoelace or dye them.  


PERSONALIZED WATER BOTTLE
Shop this Crafty Kreation!

Not just T-shirts!  Kharismatic Kreations also prints customized water bottles.  During the summer months it is important to stay hydrated.  Why not make it a personal goal with a personalized water bottle?  I took a plain mason jar style water bottle and made it my own with permanent adhesive vinyl.  Added my own polka dots too!  


HAND TOWEL SWIMSUIT COVER UP

My original thought was to create a pleated skirt for myself, and then I took the idea further and decided to use hand towels to create a swimsuit cover up.  In my mind I was thinking what better material to use for a swimsuit cover than terry cloth because of it's ability to absorb the moisture.  But I did not have enough towels on hand to cover my junk in the trunk, so my pleated skirt turned into a pleated dress for my mini me. 

Started off with 4 hand towels, a thick and sturdy needle, and some ribbon.

Laying the towels horizontally, I threaded the needle through back and forth like you would fold paper to create a fan.  

As I threaded the ribbon through the towel, I scrunched the material close together, to give it a pleated look.  

Cut the access ribbon and tags off the towels.  You can tie the ends of the ribbon together, or, use a decorative broach to close the skirt. 

Tada!!  Mini me is beach chic.  I still think that this would be a uber cute skirt for me.  Next time I would use elastic instead of ribbon, and more hand towels of course.

Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend with your family and friends.  Get out and have some creative fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment