Jun 12, 2015

Celebrating Grads & Dads

It's June!  Time to celebrate!


My Mini the Graduate!

My daughter recently completed the Pre-K program at her Early Learning Center and they celebrated with a graduation including mini caps and gowns and everything.  Being the crafty, Kharismatic Mommy that I am, I just had to put a special touch on the occasion.  After getting the green light from the Center Director, I used permanent adhesive vinyl to decorate Kenedi's cap, making it a keepsake item for years to come.  I just traced her hand on the back of the vinyl and cut it out by hand with scissors.  For the words, I used a professional vinyl cutter.  I made sure to include the date so that we could mark the moment in time.




To make the moment extra special for her and those who attended, I made #TeamKenedi buttons with her graduation picture on them and the graduation date, so all who attended received a keepsake item of their own.  And because I'm Kenedi's #1 Fan, of course I had to make a special t-shirt for myself.   


Join me in saying Congratulations Kenedi and all Class of 2015 Graduates!!!!

Handmade Crafts for Hands On Dads

Father's Day is Sunday, June 21st.  Hands Down!  My Daddy is the Best in Town!  Here are some handmade gift ideas for the man who had a hand in raising you.  

Personalized Picture Puzzle



My father likes to play the role of problem solver, so I thought of a nice puzzle project for him. The message wouldn't be revealed until he put the puzzle together.  Start with printing two copies of digital photos on sturdy cardstock. 
I used a picture of him and Kenedi with the message, "I Love You to Pieces!" 

Print a jigsaw template by clicking here.  Glue or securely tape the photo onto the blank side of the jigsaw template.  
Use scissors to cut the jigsaw pieces.  This can be tough depending on the thickness of the cardstock that you use.    

Put the pieces in a zip-loc bag and staple them to a handmade card or put them in an envelop and put your dad's or grandad's puzzle brain to the test! 

Silly Face Ties

What's Father's Day without ties!  I recently hosted youth activities at Hannah Moore Shelter, Kharismatic Kreations volunteers monthly click here to learn more, and our activity was silly face ties.  All supplies for this craft were from the Dollar Store, but you could use one or two of Dad's old ties and make them new again.  The Dollar Store ties were decorated with mustache stickers, googly eyes, and pom poms.  I had fabric markers and other stickers on hand too if the kids wanted to get crazy creative and express themselves.  This turned out to be a super cute and easy craft that the kids really enjoyed, and I think Dad would too.  




Mini's Bowtique Picture Frame


My Mini wanted to make a bow tie for her Daddy for Father's Day.  Her father and I are not together, but it is my duty to teach her to honor his priceless position in her life, and with my help we took her idea to the next level using bow tie macaroni, a Dollar Store picture frame, and some craft paint. 


Carefully hand painted each bow tie.

She was beyond thrilled with this craft.  We explored an educational opportunity as well by going over what two colors mix together to make a new color.  Magic is what she called it... #craftmagic

She used so much paint we had to let them dry overnight...just think of it as extra lovin'!

The next morning I helped her attach her bows to the frame using a hot glue gun.


Took a photo of her proudly holding her Crafty Kreation and put it in the frame.  

T-shirt


This one is a no brainer!  Kharismatic Kreations prints affordable, custom shirts and gifts, but you can create your own one-of-a-kind shirt at home too.  Just get some fabric markers or paint and a blank shirt. Some ideas include handprints of your little one, a drawing, or just a simple message for Daddy.

Happy Father's Day to the Dads, GrandDads and Male Role Models!  




No comments:

Post a Comment