Mar 15, 2015

#DIYFly: Cut Off...You Still Cute Though!



After a frigid winter, I am so anxious for spring and summer – longer, warmer days, fairs and festivals, and all types of carefree fun.  But you don’t have to wait until summer to start donning your cutoff shorts.  In my excitement for warmer weather, I got #DIYFly using a pair of heavy-weight tweed trousers to make some cutoff shorts and a matching clutch ("cause you gotta coordinate"…in my John Witherspoon voice). 

Cutoff shorts are classic and easy to make.  Since it’s not quite spring-like weather, I opted to cut mine slightly above the knee.  I used painters tape to mark where I would cut and liquid stitch to secure my cuff. 





Easy DIY Clutch
I made a simple, 5-minute, matching clutch using the cut off legs from my trousers.   I applied liquid stitch to close the bottom of the leg.  To add some foundation to the clutch, I cut an old cardboard box and covered it with fabric from the other pant leg and glued it to the inside of the clutch.  Finally, I just folded the top of the pant leg down.  I hot glued magnets from my fridge to keep the clutch closed and applied a broach for a cute sparkly effect.  





Click here to see how I made the sunglasses featured in this photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment