Mar 24, 2015

Pressed for Flowers


Using my bouquet of flowers from Valentine's Day, I preserved their beauty by pressing them and creating lovely wall art.  

To Press Flowers
There are a couple of way to press flowers, including using a flower press.  I used old college text books (at least I'm putting them to use and getting my moneys worth years later).  Cut the stem, and gently wipe any dirt or dust off of the petals.  Let dry.  Place the flowers in between the pages of the book.  I used a piece of white tissue paper to protect the petals from ink.  Shut the book and place additional books on top of it to serve as a weight.  Keep the flowers in between the weighted book for 10-14 days.  
 

Wall Art
After a few weeks I opened the books to see my newly pressed flowers. In my opinion, I think this craft would work best with brightly colored, vibrant flowers.  The colors that I began with were soft and delicate, and as they were pressed, the color did not pop.
 

I assembled the pressed flowers onto a canvas board and secured them using my glue gun.  Using a black paint marker, I penned an inspirational message.








No comments:

Post a Comment