Mar 4, 2015

The Magical World of Kenedi


For my daughter’s 5th birthday I did a “Magical World of Kenedi” Disney themed birthday party.  With weather from the movie Frozen as our backdrop, the party went on.   The Magic of Disney was found in the handcrafted party décor and store bought Disney themed decorations. 

Magical World of Kenedi Banner
Using card stock, ribbon and free Mickey Mouse ears printables, I made a personalized banner for the event.  I printed each letter/word on the ears, cut them out and then taped it to the ribbon.


  
Sweet as a Princess Candy Buffet 
My little one is sweet on princesses so her candy buffet included homemade candy apples as Snow White’s Poison Apples, gummy worms as Belle’s Book Worms, blue candy sticks as Elsa’s Icicles, banana laffy taffy as Rapunzel’s Hair, pixie sticks as Tinkerbell's Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust, and Swedish fish as Ariel’s Fishy Friends.  I made place cards for each treat using free printable princess borders found online and some card stock paper.  Kenedi has a princess board game that I used for the pop up castle. 






Mickey and Minnie Tabletop Centerpieces
To make centerpieces for the table I used round Styrofoam balls from JoAnne Fabrics and Crafts, paint that I had on hand, toothpicks, and handy dandy red Dixie cups.  I painted the balls black and stuck the smaller balls to the larger ball as ears using toothpicks.  I hot glued the Mickey head to the bottom of the Dixie cup.  Using black cardstock, I attached arms to the cups and cut out little mickey hands.  To turn Mickey into Minnie, I simply added a bow in between the ears.  So easy my 4 year old (not quite 5 at the time) can do it, and she did!

A 52 inch Mickey Mouse balloon greeted guest as they arrived.  There was also a giant Jake and the Neverland Pirates balloon to man the pirate bean bag toss station.  Additionally, there was a moonbounce, ball crawl, twister, Disney Princess photo station, and a Doc McStuffins piñata.  
  




A party fit for a princess, filled with craft magic and love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment