Mar 8, 2015

Throwing Crafty Shade



I love designer shades like the next girl, but I can never keep up with my sunglasses and that's hundreds of dollars out of the window.  Since I'm all about being frugal and fabulous, I'm throwing shade at designer frames by upgrading Dollar Store sunglasses - taking them from cheap to crafty chic in approximately 10 minutes.
Items used:  pearls, patterned duck tape, glitter, scissors, & glue gun
For the first pair I used my hot glue gun and applied pearls, outlining the top of the shades.  This literally took only 7 minutes!

I stepped it up a notch and got a little fancier with the next pair.  I love glitter and leopard print, so why not add them both?!  
Using patterned duck tape, I wrapped it around the ears of the glasses.  I did this strip by strip, and wrapped it around twice.  I was going for a crafty nerd look, so I wrapped duck tape around the bridge of the glasses Revenge of the Nerds style.  Next, I painted Mod Podge around the eyes and sprinkled with glitter.  I let it dry for a few minutes and then used a small paint brush to brush away access glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment